Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody come across this?

It is random. Some days there is no problem - other dys all passwords are forgotten.

Also, sometimes when I open Edge, it does not go to the start page, but opens with all the tabs that were there when I last closed it down.

Very annoying.

Tommy

·
Registered
40,748 Posts
Open Edge, go to the upper right to the 3 dots... known as Tools/Settings/Advance Settings/Privacy and services/Manage Passwords. This is where Edge stores it's Passwords for web sites.
If you regularly clear out your browser data, either in Edge or with 3rd party apps like CCleaner, it will clear all your saved Passwords as well.
If Edge is shuts down because the computer was restarted while Edge was open, it will try and open up the same windows you had open before the computer was restarted

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks spunk.funk

Neither of those situations apply, and that is why I am confused as to the problem.

It's completely random. Sometimes everything is fine, others not.

Tommy

·
Moderator , Windows Tech Team , Hardware Tech T
2,979 Posts
Ok, Spunk is right on track, you might want to check those.. Also check a setting in Options for 'Clear on Exit' or something similar, and if that has been setup to clear passwords, it would do that..

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi,

All my settings are correct in Edge.

This is definitely an Edge issue. Yesterday, I migrated to a brand new PC and this morning, the passwords are again forgotten.

Tommy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.