Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious as to whether or not I have a problem with my Microsoft Antispyware program. The last few times I've done a scan using Spybot Search & Destroy, I've gotten results that say I have something called "Windows Security Center Antivirus Disable Notify" that needs to be removed. What is this and how did it get on my computer? Why would it need to be removed? For a dummy like me, this seems to be removing something that would actually NOTIFY me if my Windows Security Center were disabled. Would this have any affect upon my Microsoft Antispyware? The reason I'm asking is that for some reason it (Microsoft Antispyware) isn't showing up in the system tray. It always has in the past but it's not now. Are either of these problems or am I doing just fine? Thanks for any help anyone can give.

·
Registered
6,574 Posts
This means you have Windows Service Pack 2 with the Security Centre. The Security Centre detects and monitors Automatic Updates, Firewall and Anti-virus. Make sure all of them are enabled.

Microsoft Antispyware - While in it's 'BETA' version, this program can be describe as 'rogueware'. Rogue/Suspect means that these products are of unknown, questionable, or dubious value as anti-spyware protection. Please read the following discussion to help you decide. http://www.techsupportforum.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=59797

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.