Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, here's a merry friggin xmas from our dear f(r)iend, Micro$oft :

After the close of business on 12 December 2002, Microsoft announced a raft of Windows-related security flaws with severity ratings ranging from "low" to "critical." The flaws are present in many parts of Windows and its bundled software, including Microsoft's Java Virtual Machine, its proprietary NetBIOS-based networking, and the Windows kernel itself.

Some of these flaws have been known, at least to some extent, to hackers for several months. At one time, Microsoft acknowledged the discoverers of such flaws in its security bulletins, but has apparently ceased to do so, as no credits appear in this latest salvo of warnings.

For the average user, the most serious flaws are the ones in the JVM, which allow the user's system to be taken over completely if he or she views a hostile Web page -- or reads or previews a hostile e-mail message with a client that uses Microsoft's Internet Explorer to render messages. (Such clients include most versions of Outlook and Outlook Express, and Eudora with the "Use Microsoft's viewer" option enabled.)

more about java issue

http://www.techtv.com/news/security/story/0,24195,3411160,00.html

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
It's Microsoft ... what do you expect!?!?

Here's a couple of things to assume about M$ so you won't be disappointed:

1.) It's going to cost a lot - repeatedly.
2.) It's going to need a lot of patching - repeatedly. Sometimes, see number one.
3.) It's going to be insecure. No matter how secure it is, it's going to be insecure.
4.) Mr. Blue Screen of Death always is waiting and watching.
5.) Save Often.
6.) Save Often.
7. ) Save Often.
8.) Make Backups.
9.) When in doubt, reboot.
10.) When 9 doesn't work, reload Windows.
11.) When 10 doesn't work, reformat your hard drive and Load Linux.

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well, few weeks ago I've loaded Red Hat 8.0 on my laptop...right besides xp...so far, they've lived peacefully one the same turf....slowly learning more about linux...more I learn, more I like it...pretty soon, M$O$ will be my secondary OS...he . he. he. :bandit:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.