Tech Support banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't know why, suddenly my computer is asking for Microsoft account when I log-in with a pin. I did that, but is there a way I can go back to the previous system of log-in (probably known as local account) which was simpler and quicker and never asked for any password or pin ...

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It says: "Click the OK button toward the bottom of the window. This will prompt an automatically sign-in box to appear. Enter your username and the new password you created earlier into the fields provided."

Does the username refer to the same I use in Microsoft account, or the same email? and is the 'new password' same as the pin for logging in to MS a/c ?

When my pc was setup, I was never told to pick a password, just my name. I wonder how was I bypassing the password all these months while logging-in ...

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually I wanted to go back to the local account ... probably the same as administrator account (not sure).

Settings > your info > there's an option which says "sign in with a local account instead." But if this requires administrator password ... I don't know it.

·
Moderator Hardware Team
13,684 Posts
Actually I wanted to go back to the local account ... probably the same as administrator account (not sure).

Settings > your info > there's an option which says "sign in with a local account instead." But if this requires administrator password ... I don't know it.
follow this to create a local account once done then log off your microsoft account and login with the account you just created. Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thanks, I'll save this link. For administrator account, there's no 'owner name' to select as mentioned.

Btw, does MS a/c protect the computer better from hackers and spammers compared to local or admin a/c ?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
41,799 Posts
The difference between a Local Account and a Microsoft account, is if you use any Microsoft Apps, like Microsoft Office 365 or if you want any apps offered on the Microsoft Store, you will need to be logged in with a Microsoft Account.
A Local Account can go to the Store, if they login with a Microsoft Account in the store. There is no security benefit to being logged in as a Local (Offline) user Profile or a Microsoft Profile Account.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Don't know why, suddenly my computer is asking for Microsoft account when I log-in with a pin. I did that, but is there a way I can go back to the previous system of log-in (probably known as local account) which was simpler and quicker and never asked for any password or pin ...
My 15-year-old Hotmail account did something like that! It asked me things I did at setup 15 years ago and I have no idea what I put down, so I am locked out now. Damm MS.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts