Tech Support banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have a Microsoft Computer with Windows 10. I use the Mozilla Firefox browser, because I can filter out the distractions that come with using Edge, e.g. Nine News and the ads that come with them. Lately Microsoft has been infiltrating into Mozilla, because I suspect that, because I am using a Microsoft Computer they have the right to interfere in the way I like to collect data and images from the Net. For instance:- The latest images I have collected which normally come as JPEG's now come as Microsoft Edge HTML Documents, thus stuffing up my collection of images I have found on the Net. Can I easily convert these images to JPEG codec? Is this interference unlawful as regard to Privacy laws? In a lot of ways I think Microsoft is trying very hard to force people to pay for content on their computers.

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
28,099 Posts
There are many 3rd party programs, but be aware of ad-wear. This article tells how, but its arduous: html to jpg As far as why, what version of FF. Are cookies history and cache cleared?

·
Premium Member
1,650 Posts
When you save an image in firefox, there should be small window that pops up with 'save as' then several file types, try using that to change the type, also I -think- there is a setting in firefox preferences to set the defaults.

Also, irfanview lets you open, then save to different image formats.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There are many 3rd party programs, but be aware of ad-wear. This article tells how, but its arduous: html to jpg As far as why, what version of FF. Are cookies history and cache cleared?
I don't know what FF is. I regularly clear my history, but does it include cookies and cache? The majority of my images are JPEG's. It's just now I am getting them in Microsoft Edge HTML format. Could this be caused by Ad-wear? I also have Adblock+ activated on my computer.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry I do know what FF is. It is Firefox isn't it. It gets updated regularly. I am not sure of how to check for the version.

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
28,099 Posts
FF is Firefox. Latest version is 86.0. To check: Help>About Firefox. Adblock+ does not cause your problem. In FF: Tools>Options>Privacy and Security>Clear Data

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
FF is Firefox. Latest version is 86.0. To check: Help>About Firefox. Adblock+ does not cause your problem. In FF: Tools>Options>Privacy and Security>Clear Data
Thank you for that. The version of Firefox I have is 85.0.2 (x64 en US). It looks like I am not running the latest version. Yes I will do as you say. I hope that fixes the problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts