Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while back I bought a headset that came with a USB adapter. The adapter plugged into a USB input (obviously) and the headphones and microphone inputs plugged into the adapter. This adapter is starting to crap out on me and unless I mess with it and move it to a certain position I´ll have bad sound quality. I can plug my speakers into the standard designated speaker jack on the computer, but if I plug my microphone into the designated microphone jack on the computer, it just won´t recognize that a microphone is present. What´s going on here?

·
Emeritus
51,675 Posts
Can you try the Mic in another PC? Perhaps the Mic is the source of the bad quality using the adapter?

·
TSF Emeritus
26,228 Posts
If the headphones, microphone and adapter came as one package, test the whole thing on another computer. If it still doesn't work, take it back for a replacement.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If the headphones, microphone and adapter came as one package, test the whole thing on another computer. If it still doesn't work, take it back for a replacement.
Originally, I bought the headset which came with the adapter. I used the adapter with the headset because it just seemed easier. The headset broke, now I'm using a standalone microphone and the speakers that came with the computer. The speakers work if I plug them into the designated jack on the computer, however the microphone is only recognized by the computer if it is plugged into the adapter, otherwise it appears to be nonexistent. To further complicate this suggestion, the original headset broke and is long gone, and I don't remember where I even bought it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.