Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been trying for a week or so to set up any microphone for my PC (windows 10). I have attempted to use 2 different microphones, unfortunately both also act as headphones so that may be the problem. They both work perfectly fine on other devices though (laptop and phone). I have tried every 3.5 input port on my pc, and have bought and tried a 4 band to a 3 band duel splitter. I have reinstalled and updated my drivers (Realtek), updated windows, restarted my PC, double checked my settings (artificially muted, blocked by apps, etc.), and followed every tutorial I could find to a T. Reinstalling my drivers got it to where the PC recognizes the headphones, and It registers the electronic feedback when plugging in and unplugging the mics, but it doesn't pick up anything else, much less my voice. At this point I don't know if a solution is possible, but if you have any advice, please provide it, I'm at my wits end.

· Global Moderator
Using Google to solve problems
44,606 Posts
What is the make and model# of the Mic? Have you confirmed that the Line In Port (Blue) or Mic port (Red) input are working with other devices?
If it's a 3.5" mm plug, when you plug it in to the back ports, Right click the Volume icon in the lower right corner of the taskbar and Open Sound Selection. Under Input take the drop down menu and select your Mic. Click Test Mic, if the graph doesn't move, click Troubleshoot.
You can also go to Search and type Control Panel, go to Sound, go to the Recording tab and select your Mic and click the Configure button. Test the mic here. And you can test your Mic online as well https://testmymicrophone.com/

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.