Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a new laptop, a Dell Inspiron, with Windows Vista Home Premium. However, my microphone has suddenly stopped giving input to the computer. It is built into a Logitech headset which has been through some rough times (it got crushed during a flight from Tokyo) but one speaker and the microphone (used to) work. Voice Recognition and Ventrilo worked just fine with the microphone, but some time today the microphone stopped giving sound input to the computer. It recognizes the microphone as plugged in, but no one can hear me over Ventrilo and Voice Recognition does not register my commands. Voice Recognition activates when I plug in the microphone and deactivates when I unplug it, but the sound indicator bar on both that and the Ventrilo sound test are not showing any sound. The microphone works fine with my old Windows XP computer, and I've made sure that the mute switch on the microphone is off, but I haven't been able to fix it. Any suggestions?

(Note: I've gone into the sound options and tried disabling Exclusive mode, but it doesn't help either.)

Also, other than the microphone issue the computer works perfectly fine otherwise.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.