Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody!

My PC configuration:

Pentium 4 – 3.06 GHz
Windows XP Professional – SP 2
MOB – Asus P5S800VM
Sound Realtek AC 97
Sound Driver Version: 5.10.0.6210

I bought it recently. All is working properly, EXCEPT THE MICROPHONE. My headset earphones are working, the sound is very good.
I have taken all possible actions and observed as follows:

- No yellow alerts in the device manager.
- Mic selected in the Volume Control
- Pink jack in the pink hole, Green jack in the green hole
- DirectX tests say Sound devices and Mic are ok.
- After running “Testing Sound Hardware” under “Sounds And Audio Devices Properties/Voice”, the test result was showing “You have successfully completed the Sound Hardware Test…”.
- When I run the “Sound Recorder” with the same microphone, nothing could be recorded – the green line in the sound recorder stayed flat after the red button was clicked.
- "MIC Boost" on the volume control did not help neither
- When the microphone is plugged in I can hear some scratching noise from the speaker. But there is no sound at all if I tap on the microphone.
- The microphone is in a working condition – have tested on two different PCs.

Any idea of whatelse could I do?

I have been trying to solve this problem during the last two weeks!

Please, help me!

:pray:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Open the Sounds and Audio Devices selection from the Control panel. Click the Audio tab, under Sound Recording, is your sound card selected correctly? If something else is listed, try choosing that and attempt to record sound again.

·
Happy to support TSF!
7,263 Posts
Hi ToniMartins...

may sound odd but check in the audio properties if the microphone is set to mute or select...long shot but worth a go :)

- Right click your audio icon in your sys tray and select 'Open Volume Control'
- Click Options then Properties
- In the Playback settings, ensure that Micophone is checked then click OK..now you will be able to see if Microphone is set to mute
- Once you have done that, click Options then Properties again
- This time, check the Recording radio button and make sure Microphone is checked then click OK
- Now, just check that Microphone isn't checked for mute

Not sure if it'll help but like I said earlier...worth checking :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
the wire for the mic might be cut or damaged.

and if u r playing a game with it..... check the options in the game to see if you've turned the mic on.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi, Nickster

I´ve done what you suggested a hundred times...
Anyway, thanks for your answer.
If you have any other idea, please let me know.

=========================================================

AsianPower

I´ve tested my mic in different PCs and it is working properly. That is why I think I have a configuration problem.
Thanks for your answer and let me know if you have any other suggestion.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Something Very Strange Is Happening

Hi, everybody

After all the actions taken before, a friend suggested me to plug the GREEN pin in the PINK hole and try to talk through the earphone of the headset.

I did it and all worked! The recorder recorded my voice, the MSN call and Skype worked well (the other part heard my voice) and so on.:sigh:

And now I ask if someone could tell me what to do. I am using the earphone as a mic and hearing the other part through the speakers, but I would like to solve it and use my headset.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

:pray:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.