Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you use TWO mice on one PC?

I just got a mixing program cause I'm a DJ, and I find it a real pain to have to TRY and move my mouse around so quick, and even then I can't play all the right sounds at the right times. If this was a real mixer I could use both hands, and I normaly do, but I can't with just one Mouse.

I never heard of using 2 mice, but I'm hoping I can because then I wouldn't have to send thousands of dollars on DJ equipment.

Anyone?

·
TSF Team Emeritus
5,580 Posts
yes you can.

now, i'm not positive if two usb mice would work at the same time, but i know for a fact if one of them is in the ps2 mouse port, and one is in the usb, they will both function.

·
Registered
33 Posts
in the past i have had 2 keyboards hooked up via usb at one time.
this is a --> just try it situation, ya cant break nothin!!

let us know tho'

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oldmn said:
Question does your mixer software support two curcers? There are some software out that will.
ejay.com 's DJ Mix Station

I don't see anything that says the software supports 2.

I was thinking it might be possible with some kind of software, but don't know for sure.

·
TSF Enthusiast
6,298 Posts
I'm almost positive that there are actually interfaces for use with software like this, where it's essentially a non-functional mini turntable you plug into a USB port. In fact, I saw this very thing a couple of times. I just can't remember what it's called.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Fox said:
I'm almost positive that there are actually interfaces for use with software like this, where it's essentially a non-functional mini turntable you plug into a USB port. In fact, I saw this very thing a couple of times. I just can't remember what it's called.
k, if you think of it, or find info on it, let me know

·
TSF Enthusiast
6,298 Posts
I think I found it, but I have no idea whether or not it's compatible with your software.

http://www.mixman.com/products/dm2.html

You may jut be better off buying a pro system. I know Technics has a turntable system that actually uses a SD card with mp3's on it, and it has a two channel mixer available. I don't know if the "mixman" would really be ideal for live music.

You can see the technics drive at http://www.panasonic.com/consumer_electronics/technics_dj/prod_intro_sldz1200.asp

It's fairly expensive, and the price is for just the one table- not the mixer or second one. You may just be better off doing it old school and just buying two decent tables and a mixer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.