Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

MFT Corrupt

5K views 16 replies 4 participants last post by  Shystar 
#1 ·
Anyone know how to repair or recover a corrupt master file table?

#8 ·
Shystar said:
Well, I have managed to recover the files I was most concerned about.
It would be good to know how you solved your issue for others in the same boat

#10 ·
Skypix you may want to open a new thread and give details on your specific issue so others can possibly help. When I checked the OP has not logged in since 6/15/11 and they never responded to my request to post the fix for the MFT problem.

#14 ·
I was wanting you to list the "commercial file recovery software" that you used for the benefit of others that find themselves in the same boat since it seemed to work for you.

#15 ·
Sorry Networks, I see where you're coming from now.
I used Easus Data Recovery, it ran for 85 hours but when done I was able to search through the recovered file data for the files I needed, but it wasn't able to do a complete recovery.
I hope this helps.
Steve

#16 ·
Steve

Were you able to get actual file names or did your recovery turn out similar to skypix where you got back files in categories then had to review them one by one ? I ask to further clarify the Easus Data Recovery product's ability to actually repair the MFT or just as many other recovery products perform a "file carve" which in the end gets back a lot of files but without the names it becomes an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.