Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a user that is trying to either forward or redirect their messages from the corporate network to an outside email address using an Outlook rule. Neither forwarding or redirect works. Email accounts are based on an Exchange 2003 infrastructure. I similarly tried to see if I could forward messages, but they never arrived at my external email account. All other email tasks function properly.

Is there a reason why forwarding with a local Outlook rule would not be working? Perhaps due to some Exchange-related limitation/rule/etc?

·
Registered
282 Posts
In active directory, create a contact for the outside email. Open up the users's properties>exchange general>delivery options> under forwarding address, select Forward to and click on browse and find the contact we just added in AD. Click on OK then make sure you select "Deliever messages to both mailbox and forwarding address." I know some rules do not work with exchange.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is there any way that this can be set locally, as opposed to on the server-side? My fear in setting up things in AD was that I cannot manage forwarding addresses for such a large organization (swamped as is, you know how it goes), and once one user has it everyone will want it.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any word?

phubeone said:
I am not sure if this can be done but I will go ahead and try for you once I get in the office.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.