Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey people I got a GIGABYTE motherboard (model GA-8SIMLH).

Here are all its specs: http://www.giga-byte.com/MotherBoard/Products/Products_Spec_GA-8SIMLH.htm

My RAM specs: 512mb DDR266(PC2100) - 184pin.

I ran a benchmark memory bandwidth test (using SANDRA) and I got the memory efficiency at 35% (very low), and the clocked speed was low too (I think 3-0-0-0-5 or something). And when I used a different software (EVEREST) it gave me the memory speed at 133MHz even though its supposed to be at 266.

I recently got a 512mb DDR400(PC3200) RAM and when I attached it to the mobo (alone -- removed the old RAM) and ran the memory bandwidth test again, I got the efficiency at 48%, and the speed is read as 200MHz (not 400), and the clocked speed was 3-0-0-5-7 or something cant remember exactly.

Please tell me how to increase the efficiency to 95% (as it should be) and what may be causing this, also why EVEREST reads the memory as half of what it really is.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,747 Posts
rocky_abc said:
And when I used a different software (EVEREST) it gave me the memory speed at 133MHz even though its supposed to be at 266.
also why EVEREST reads the memory as half of what it really is.
Everest is reading the memory correctly. You have to understand that you are using DDR memory. DDR memory captures data twice for every clock cycle. The internal bandwidth is twice the external bandwidth. This is why it only shows 133MHz.
 
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top