Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Tecra 8200 with a 128MB module in Slot A and a 256MB module in Slot B. I recently downloaded AIDA32 and ran the memory write benchmark.

Shortly after, I noticed that memory was showing only 256MB and AIDA32 reported no module fitted in Slot A. I assumed the module in Slot A was either faulty or unseated so I removed it and re-fitted it. The machine was then as dead as a dodo !

I fitted a couple of new modules and everything was fine. I ran the AIDA32 write benchmark again. The module in Slot A was again not seen by either XP or AIDA32.

Is it possible that a write benchmark can damage memory ?? I can't really believe it - but the coincidence is too great not to ask the question.

Any help/advice appreciated. Thanks !!

Brian

·
Citizen of the world
51,041 Posts
I suspect that the real issue here is that memory slot has bad or damaged contacts. I've never seen, or heard of, a memory test damaging memory. :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
Aida and Tecra 8200 memory

I can confirm that there is a potential serious problem between Aida and the Toshiba Tecra 8200.
We use Aida as part of a migration kit. So far, we have processed over 800 machines, some of them being tecra 8200. We crashed 10 Tecra with following behaviour :
- machine run OK, including several hours after Aida, and/or several soft reboot
- after powering off the machine, sometimes the machine does'nt power up
- changing memory module solve that problem
I have no idea what can the problem...

Has anybody a clue ?

JFD

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.