Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting an error that reads "The instruction at "0x0045500" referenced memory at "0x0000000" the memory could not be "read"....How can I fix this error? It only happens at computer shutdown...:eek:

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
Re: memory error help

This only happens at shutdown? That's it?

Try booting into safe-mode. Then try shutting down - see if it gives you the same error. It might be a program that is interfering in normal mode.

Also - try testing your RAM with memtest86+. A download link is available in my signature. If you have more than one stick of RAM installed - only test one stick at a time. Let memtest run for about 3-4 passes on each stick.

-Coolfreak

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am getting an error that reads (FS.DFWD.EXE) "The instruction at "0x0045500" referenced memory at "0x0000000" the memory could not be "read"....How can I fix this error? It only happens at computer shutdown.....

·
Registered
6,641 Posts
I merged your threads, please answer in this thread instead of creating another one.

What antivirus and firewall do you use ? FS.DFWD.EXE seems to be part of FSecure. Make sure you only use one antivirus and one firewall, if you use the all-in-one security suite from FSecure then you don't need another antivirus or firewall (they would conflict with FSecure).

Download the latest installer for FSecure (if you bought it use the install CD and make sure you write down your product key somewhere), disconnect from the internet (unplug the cable, turn your wireless adapter off or turn the router off, you don't want to stay connected to the internet if you're going to disable the firewall), uninstall your current version of FSecure, restart the computer and reinstall the latest one using the installer you just downloaded.

If this doesn't help then test your RAM with memtest86+ as coolfreak suggested.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.