Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, i have the Asus P5LD2 Deluxe and would like to upgrade my RAM. I am looking at the OCZ DDR2 PC2-5400 (1GB Module PN – OCZ26671024ELGE). It is 667mhz, PC2 5400 and runs at 1.8 volts. I cannot seem to find any reason why it shouldn't be compatible and my doubts have only been raised from someone stating that it wasn't compatible.

If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
878 Posts
I don't see why not, it fits all the specs?

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
@ Schemo
Are you thinking of adding this stick to an existing array of memory sticks? You may have compatability problems if you are mixing sticks made by different manufacturers as they would most likely be made with different chips with different performances...they may just not 'play nice' together. You would be better off matching what memory stick you have currently in your system with a stick of the same model number by the same manufacturer.

If this is going to be a single-stick-only installation, you may be better served with a 2x512MB dual channel kit and get the benefits of dual channel operation... or better still, 2X1GB kit :sayyes:

OCZ is a good choice for quality memory and they offer great kits at all performance levels. The stick you have chosen is compatible with your board and is a nice quality stick, it is just there may be better choices to maximize your memory performance than adding a 1GB stick by itself or in addition to other existing sticks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
please said:
@ Schemo
Are you thinking of adding this stick to an existing array of memory sticks? You may have compatability problems if you are mixing sticks made by different manufacturers as they would most likely be made with different chips with different performances...they may just not 'play nice' together. You would be better off matching what memory stick you have currently in your system with a stick of the same model number by the same manufacturer.

If this is going to be a single-stick-only installation, you may be better served with a 2x512MB dual channel kit and get the benefits of dual channel operation... or better still, 2X1GB kit :sayyes:

OCZ is a good choice for quality memory and they offer great kits at all performance levels. The stick you have chosen is compatible with your board and is a nice quality stick, it is just there may be better choices to maximize your memory performance than adding a 1GB stick by itself or in addition to other existing sticks.[/SIZE]
hey, it is going in a new system with a 512x2 combination, so it is only motherboard compatibility that is the issue.

Thanks for your reply though.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
@ Schemo
If you are adding a 1GB single stick to a current 2X512 setup, you will loose the dual-channel performance boost. You may want to consider adding another 2X512 kit to maintain the dual-channel mode. It is about a 10%-20%(or sometimes more) real-world memory performance boost.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
please said:
@ Schemo
If you are adding a 1GB single stick to a current 2X512 setup, you will loose the dual-channel performance boost. You may want to consider adding another 2X512 kit to maintain the dual-channel mode. It is about a 10%-20%(or sometimes more) real-world memory performance boost.
hey,
im actually building a new comp so it will be a 2x512mb setup.

all the specs are:

asus p5ld2 deluxe
pentium d 830 3.0ghz
OCZ ddr2667 pc5400 2x512mb GOLD series
WD 2500JS
Antec True Power II 550W
Leadtek 7800 GTX PCi-E
Antec Super Lanboy
Zalman CNPS9500 LED

thx for all your help so far, greatly appreciated. :tongue:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status