Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Nokia cell phone and two memory cards for it. One is the mini SanDisk SD card and the other is also a mini Nokia SD card. Now i have adapter for these cards so i could place those cards in my memory card reader on my laptop.

Now the interesting part comes. When i place the mini Nokia SD card into the adapter and then into the computer i recognizes it and i can transfer stuff.

But when i place the mini SanDisk SD card into the adapter and then into the computer it recognizes it. Though when i try to transfer stuff over from my computer to the card or vise versa it gives me an error saying cant write F: drive. Now my lock switch is off on the adapter, so i dont know how come am getting this error? It also states to take the write protection off. I dont know how to take it off, because it already should be off? Also i would like to mention that the adapter is SanDisk. Dont know if that makes a difference.

So please can anyone help me with this problem. How do i fix the card so i can transfer my stuff? Also does card have to be altered or reset while in the cell phone? Sorry for so many questions.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
Welcome to TSF....

THere may be a difference in format on the two cards that they both will work in the cell and be recognized in the computer but still one might not be accessible. I would contact the Nokia tech suppport about this they should know the answer.

Is you windows xp fat32 or ntfs?

What service pack do you have installed?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.

I dont know what my windows xp is fat32 or ntfs. I think its fat32. It has service pack 2 installed on it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.