Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mega Issue: ASRock 939Dual-SATA2 & AeroCool HT-101 -> Should they be fine together??

Ok, should the combination of a ASRock 939Dual-SATA2 & AeroCool HT-101 have any issues being compatible with each other? Bacuse the CPU retention module should be receiving two screws through the usual holes, but the screws aren't big (wide) enough!! The screws are spinning in air & thus there is no solid connection! :S

This is reasonably mega issue, because im making this PC for a friend, who need it ASAP!

If this helps, at one point I did take the retention module out of the MB, because I mistook the instructions. I can't see how this might have caused issue, but if it has...HELP!!

Rich Allan

·
Registered
906 Posts
What do you mean by not wide enough? Not long enough? Too small for the threads in the backet?

That cooler is made for socket A or 478 with some additional work from what I read in the reviews.

Maybe getting different screws would work.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The length is fine, the problem is with the width of the screw, as in they do not bite into the thread of the socket, but instead spin in the air inside the bracket!

The HS & Fan are compitable with 939 Sockets, as this it the only problem (i.e. The screws) plus, according to the official & sa couple of other sites, it is 939 compatible

I hope i dont have to get screws...that would really mess my day around...

Rich Allan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.