Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We recently bought the MSI Mega 180 to use as a DJ computer for our DJ business. We installed a secondary sound card in the form of a Sound Blaster Live. The SBL works just fine, however even after installing the drivers for the onboard sound and making sure all the sound settings weren't muted and things of that nature, we are still unable to get any sound to come out of the onboard sound.

Does anyone know what we can do to get the sound working on both sound cards. We want to be able to send the sound from both to separate channels on our mixer which we can mix to with the program we have.

-Litos

Mega 180
AMD XP 2000+
2x256 Kingston Ram DDR 333
ASUS DVD
Maxtor 250 GB IDE HDD
Sound Blaster Live

·
Registered
906 Posts
Have you checked the Bios to see if it turned off onboard sound when the new card was installed?

Also you may have to change IRQ's and some other resources. Does the Sound Blaster have jumpers to change resource settings?

To be honest I have never tried this myself but I will try to help where I can.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In the BIOS there is an onboard sound option, it is either set to AUTO or DISABLED. From everything I've read in the manual in eludes to the BIOS shutting off the onboard sound if a secondary is detected.

However I've tried getting sound through the onboard by taking out the Sound Blaster. Still no sound. So now I don't know how to get onboard sound as of right now even without a secondary.

-Litos

·
Registered
906 Posts
Leave the onboard sound set to AUTO in bios.

I think that windows is now confused. Remove the Sound Blaster card and boot to windows. Delete both sound card drivers then reboot the machine and reinstall the onboard sound drivers.

This should get your onboard sound working again.

After you get the onboard sound working again shut down and reinstall the soundblaster but do not install the drivers for it. See if your onboard sound still works.

You may be right in that the DFI board shuts off the onboard sound, maybe there is a Bios upgrade for the board, I will have a look on the MSI site.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
From my research their latest update is v3.5, of which I already have installed. Just a bit frustrating considering its a Shuttle system and we can't cram anything else in there.

-Litos

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.