Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey this is my first time on these forums and im hoping for some advice. I recently reformatted my computer and its working great. I have also got a new gfx card, i installed It and everything is fine.. Until... A few weeks ago i started recompiling my movie collection. After a few had finished downloading I decided to download vlc media player. I opened it, 3 seconds into the playing my comp crashed.. i didnt think much of it so i rebooted which took a few seconds and re played it. It worked 100% fine. About 2 days later i opened a video and the same thing happened.. I have gone through numerous media players and the same thing happens, sometimes its fine sometimes its not.

I was wondering if anyone knew anything about this. i would rlly appreciate some help..

·
Registered
4 Posts
You have a ram problem.I had this myself.If it happened before you installed the graphics card its a memory module and if after its the memory on the graphics card.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
First I would try to rule out all software issues before we start changing out hardware. First thing to do is make sure all your drivers are up to date. Like I stated before go to the manufactures website and download the lastest drivers. They are always finding bugs in the drivers, so it is always better to download them instead of using the disk that came with it. Next make sure windows is updated and you direct-x is properly installed. After you do all this and it is still happening then we can see if it is a memory issue.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I bought the gfx card about a month ago and it came with a drivers disc. is it really possible that they are outdated? Also.. i tried to play a streaming movie and the same thing happened. Well ill look into the drivers. And yes direct x9 is properly installed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.