What do you mean by through your media center? Have you tried going onto search and typing in the programmes name or alternatively the name of what you saved it as. I'm sure if you do a bit of digging you'll find it.
Well I have media center on my computer. I have the xbox 360 running into my computer through coaxial cable. I can record the video but Im not sure where it saves it. I want to be able to reocrd my games onto my computer and edit the videos. Any suggestions????
Try the search tool and i'm pretty sure if it's saved onto your computer you'll find it using that. Just type in the programmes name and then search through the folders, or search for the name of the file you saved it as.
Have you ever used media center????? When I record it through there it runs through channel three. I cant name the file I can only record it like its live tv. I doesnt say like choose a file to save to and you cant name it. Not like normal file saving.
1. My Documents\My Videos is the default path that media center uses when you click the my videos button in it. Try that if you haven't already.
2. You'd probably notice it on the desktop, but check just in case.
3. Then go into the C drive (or whatever your default hard drive is). Look for the file there, then look for folders that might have to do with Media Center, Halo, or Xbox.
4. I don't know what the the program files folder for Media Center is but if I did I would check C:\Program Files\Whatever the Media Center folder is.
5. Run a windows search for "halo"
6. then "xbox"
7. then the day part of the date. If you took it on November 24th, you'd search "24". It'll come up with a lot of results, but a lot of recording programs put the date/time in the filename. It might help to sort the results by file type and look for video files (.avi probably, then .wmv or .mpg)
A forum community dedicated to tech experts and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about articles, computer security, Mac, Microsoft, Linux, hardware, networking, gaming, reviews, accessories, and more!