Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am running Windows XP Media Center Edition Version 2002 Service Pack 2. The Media Center's TV function has a guide which lists all the channels and programs as TV guide does. I have a tv tuner card which has my cable running into it. This Guide function had been working fine for at least a year until recently the guide stopped updating. The exact message I get when I try and update the guide is:

Guide Information Update Failed
Guide information could not be downloaded. You need to setup your internet connection to work with Media Center. Select set up Internet Connection in Settings.

Once I get this message I go to Internet Connection In Settings and set Media Center to download the guide once connected to the internet (I have Broadband). While in settings the program tests the connection and I get back a message stating the the connection is working. Past this point I am at a loss.

As far as internet security, I am running TrenMicro antivirus and firewall. To make sure my firewall or antivirus is not at fault I have disabled TrendMicro and have tried to update the guide but I still get the same error message.

Thank you,
Eric

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.