Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Windows ME is so slow. I'm thinking my drive is so clogged with information. Can I throw out the ME edition drive and install Windows XP to solve the speed problem ? I have dial-up. I've never switched a hard-drive. Will I be prompted by the new program as to how to do this. :4-dontkno

·
Registered
18,118 Posts
Well, if your PC was built to run ME then it's likely going to run XP even worse. What are your system specs?

·
Registered
4 Posts
WindowsME Was Fast?

TopCop said:
My Windows ME is so slow. I'm thinking my drive is so clogged with information. Can I throw out the ME edition drive and install Windows XP to solve the speed problem ? I have dial-up. I've never switched a hard-drive. Will I be prompted by the new program as to how to do this. :4-dontkno
Hello Top Cop

I can only share my experience with WinME. After five years mine runs better than ever. Possibly because it is vastly leaned down. I keep the registry trim. I clean-up the stuff I think you're telling about. I don't use PCHealth. Maintenance is half of the fun I have with a computer. This is my first and probably last one.

Just one tip. Download CCleaner from here:

http://www.ccleaner.com/

Of course I have cable. But if you are used to dial-up and it was once fast enough I doubt any change in OS or, for that matter in CPU, is going to do much. But a thorough clean out definitely will.

If you are interested I will share more suggestions.

Cheers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.