Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a belkin wireless router and im using my laptop for my wireless connection.Now i bridge both my wireless connection and local connection together{for my xbox connection}.The problem that im having is that my mbps drops every now and than.It goes from 54 to 48 to 36 and sometimes to 5mbps.
Now is there a way i can fix this through my laptop,maybe changing something in the router configuration or in my network and sharing center?

·
Registered
9 Posts
i have a belkin wireless router and im using my laptop for my wireless connection.Now i bridge both my wireless connection and local connection together{for my xbox connection}.The problem that im having is that my mbps drops every now and than.It goes from 54 to 48 to 36 and sometimes to 5mbps.
Now is there a way i can fix this through my laptop,maybe changing something in the router configuration or in my network and sharing center?
move your laptop closer to your router :4-dontkno

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
do you think this will work-
step 1- go to network and sharing center
step 2-go to manage network connections
step 3- double click on local connection and configure it
step 4-than go to the advanced bar at the top
than under properties- go down to link speed/duplex mode and maybe change the value of them? it was normally set to auto negotiation,but i changed mines to 100mbps/full duplex, is that good?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.