Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have all the latest drivers, not sure if this might be a mobo problem as I've been having problems with my mobo or a problem with my vid card, but once or twice I've booted up to discover these friggin lines everywhere. Occasionally they're purple. I'm running a Radeon 9800 Pro 256. Rebooting a few times makes them go away, but ***?

Edit: I've done NO overclocking, everything is at stock BTW.

Attachments

S

·
0 Posts
What's the refresh rate set at for the monitor?

Try knocking the resolution down and see if it helps.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
I'm having exactly the same problems with my new Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro 256 MB on an ASUS P4C800 board.

Breetai did you find a solution yet?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No luck yet. Still happens occasionally, but a couple of reboots and it's fine. I think I'm gonna send it back and get a replacement; both the card and the mobo.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same issue only 128mb version

I am having the same issue with mine. This is a new system, ASUS P4P800, P4 2.6 ghz, 1gig of pc3200, ATI built 9800 pro 128mb. I get sort of the same looking screen, few reboots and it goes away?? Has either of you found anything out to solve the problem? I will be calling ATI today and the place where I bought my base system to see if they know anything. If I find something out I will post it.
tren

·
Registered
2 Posts
Follow up

Well from what I have found out today, the ram on the card is screwed up. the fix is to send it back and get a new card.
Mine will be going back tomorrow.
tren

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sweet! Well, not really sweet, but at least I know that there's a definate problem and what I can do to fix it.

Urgh. Living with a TNT2 for a couple weeks is gonna be fun.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.