Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
I may be off base here, but if you ask for help you should be appreciative of volunteer help, eneles you are a better man than me, i wouldn't have helped him after the snide comment.

the best idea for fixing this if you have no critical data and just want the drive, format it from a bootable disk

·
Registered
26 Posts
If you can't fix the problem, blame bill, works for me.

I've worked on xp machines for 5 years, as a pc tech i have found that there are common problems with some equipment, but more often than not, the problem is just a fluke, and almost always requires a good look at the problem, and a desire to actually find the problem, If you can't see the disk in disk manager, check if bios or post picked it up, if bios sees it, and disk manager does not, check the jumpers again, if that doesn't work, see if a boot disk sees it, if it does, format the joker. if the drive was formatted hpfs and not ntfs, this is not a files system that xp supports, the fact is that if you have a problem with a drive, the MOST likely issue is with the drive, or the file system, not bill and his team of expert software developers. I know that windows has its problems, all OSs have them, just different ones, let's see if you can make it work instead of giving up, calling it common, and blaming bill.

your system sees the drive, when that happens, and no drive letter or info is available for the OS, you need to format, the drive may have a corrupt file system, or any number of issues. but you describe a partition that can be seen, but not recognized, a simple format should work.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.