Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 300Gb Maxtor Diamond Max 10 which has suddenly gone strange. I've had it for a few months and its worked fine from the time I've installed it.
2 days ago it was suddenly not recognized by WinXP SP2.

The drive was my secondary drive [D:] with the primary drive [C:] containing just WinXP and a few assorted apps.
It shows up in the device driver as being recognized by WinXP. However WinXP says its not initalized or formated. Needless to say I have almost everything valuable on the drive.

I've downloaded and run the Maxblast software to test the drive and both the short and long test passed.

I have Norton Antivirus installed and it runs weekly as well as periodic checks with PestPatrol and Spybot -Search and Destroy. The last periodic check was done less than 1 week ago. Norton Ghost would make a nightly backup of the C drive which was stored on the D drive. So I can't restore a previous version from Ghost.

Looking at the drive's profile in the device manager, it does not show a new driver that could have affected the drive. I checked Maxtor's site and I don't see any drivers that I can try updating to.

I plugged the drive into another PC I have and it was also recognized by the device manager but I could not see or access the drive. Incidentally, the properties in the second computer mis-identified the drive as a DM9 drive. The OS in the second computer was Win2000.

I would really appreciate help in what I should try to do to get it to work again in my WinXP system.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.