Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've designed a website using tables.. no frames. There is a link to view our catalog. Problem is there's 33 pages plus the front and back of the catalog!

I need to figure out something to go over the pages for navigation. Currently I have a prev, home, and next button. Which obviously goes page by page. I'd like to figure out a nice way someone can select any page they want.

For instance, if a customer is currently viewing page 4, and wants to goto page 20 they can. They don't have to keep pressing the next button until they get to 20.

I'd like to stay away from flash.. javascript is okay. Maybe someone can suggest me something nice?!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought about doing that and I can do it myself with some graphics and me laying the graphics and what they link to on every page, but that's a lot of work. I was just thinking maybe there's an easier way like something that'll make it all for me if I just tell it the pages I want it to goto.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
you can do this through javascript. Try this:

<script language="javascript">
<!--
for (i=1;i<=33;i++){
document.write("<a href='page" + i + ".htm'>" + i + "</a> - ");
}
-->
</script>

change 33 to however many pages there are in the catalogue. Also, this assumes you are naming the cataloge pages "page1.htm", "page2.htm", "page3.htm", etc.

It works. Give it a try.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.