Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a keyboard macro program that did not automatically install
to startup.

The program exe can be started from it's directory.

How can I put it in startup?

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
Browse to the folder where the .exe is stored. Right-click on the Start button and select Open All Users, then open the Programs folder, then the Startup folder.

Right-click and hold on the .exe and drag it to the Startup folder. Release, and select Create Shortcut.

Now that program will run whenever someone logs on.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Browse to the folder where the .exe is stored. Right-click on the Start button and select Open All Users, then open the Programs folder, then the Startup folder.

Right-click and hold on the .exe and drag it to the Startup folder. Release, and select Create Shortcut.

Now that program will run whenever someone logs on.
Something is not right.

I'm getting an "unable to locate DLL" error at startup.

I followed the steps as given.

At this point, the .exe and the shortcut created are both in the
startup folder.

I'm thinking something is not pointed where it should be back to
the directory where the macro program has the rest of its stuff.

No icon appears in the tray.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
If you seem unable to do it that way, download StartUp Manager and you can add things to various start up options with ease, but it should be easy enough to do the above I'd of thought, your simply adding a shortcut to the start up folder.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you seem unable to do it that way, download StartUp Manager and you can add things to various start up options with ease, but it should be easy enough to do the above I'd of thought, your simply adding a shortcut to the start up folder.

Yes there is a shortcut in the startup folder.

You said drag the .exe file in there too. I can return the .exe to it's
folder if that will execute the program.

Is this what you are saying to do?

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
As Cellus said above, yes you need to put the original .exe back where it belongs or there will be no file to execute using the shortcut.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Yep I use it a lot, and the beauty of it is you can add more than 1 start up type so you don't bog your system down to much, at least I think it is better that way personally, at least your sorted now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.