Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My system is working fine. I've created a system restore point to fall back on in case anything goes wrong in the future.

Now I'd like to disable system restore so that it doesn't use system resources. If I do that, however, it deletes my restore point.

Is it possible to back up the restore point so that it doesn't get deleted when system restore is disabled? Which directory is it stored in?

I'm confused and would appreciate a little help.

Cheers

·
Registered
9 Posts
System restore will only revert system settings back to the restore point - not user settings or personal files. I think its an all or nothing sort of thing.
Would a complete backup not suit more?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Ah, possibly. A drive image, sort o' thing?

I just thought it might be useful to back up the restore point, so that I could at least fall back on it in case it were necessary, without the hassle of having it always doing it's own thing, slowing my computer down while I'm trying to use it.

·
Microsoft-Team Manager , Hardware - Team Manager
68,862 Posts
hi windows creates restore points whenever it updates so it really needs to be left on as you can sometimes have a problem even with updates and this at least gives you a way to revert to a point before the problem arose and as you have seen it can be usefull for making your own ie when installing drivers or software so backup solution is best

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.