Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep getting a baloon says I have a back door trojan and my home page is changed to some anti vrus page. I can type in msn but it always switches back. I folled the five steps what should I do next.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,582 Posts
hi,

Download Deckard's System Scanner to your Desktop.

Note: You must be logged onto an account with administrator privileges.

1. Close all applications and windows.
2. Double-click on dss.exe to run it, and follow the prompts.
3. When the scan is complete, a text file will open - main.txt.txt<<this one will be maximized and extra.txt <<this one will be minimized.
4. Copy (Ctrl+A then Ctrl+C) and paste (Ctrl+V) the contents of main.txt.txt in your next reply.
6. Please copy and paste the contents of main.txt and extra.txt to your post.

·
Registered
4,582 Posts
DSS should've created another log that can be found here: C:\Deckard\System Scanner\extra.txt. Please attach it in your next post.

Please download SmitfraudFix (by S!Ri)
Extract the content (a folder named SmitfraudFix) to your Desktop.

Double-click SmitfraudFix.exe
Select option #1 - Search by typing 1 and press "Enter"; a text file will appear, which lists infected files (if present).
Please copy/paste the content of that report into your next reply.

IMPORTANT: Do NOT run any other options except for Option # 1.

Note : process.exe is detected by some antivirus programs (AntiVir, Dr.Web, Kaspersky) as a "RiskTool"; it is not a virus, but a program used to stop system processes. Antivirus programs cannot distinguish between "good" and "malicious" use of such programs, therefore they may alert the user.
http://www.beyondlogic.org/consulting/proc...processutil.htm

If the tool fails to launch from the Desktop, please move SmitfraudFix.exe directly to the root of the system drive (usually C:), and launch from there.

·
Registered
4,582 Posts
Hi, what I needed was a file named extra.txt

The one you attached is main.txt

·
Registered
4,582 Posts
lol.. don't be too hard on yourself. It's not your fault.

Make sure DSS is in your desktop.

Click start > run > copy and paste:

"%userprofile%\desktop\dss.exe" /config

When the DSS configuration window comes out, make sure everything is checked under extra.txt and everything under main.txt is unchecked.

After that, click the "Scan!" button

Post the contents of the text file that will come out

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ya know it dosn't even give me that option. right now I have it located under my utilities folder I'll try to re download the program and throw it on my desk top, THEN I'll run the smit. thanks for the time.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have that green circle with the white cross dss but when I klick it I only get the run option, when I select it it goes right into scan mode. I did run the smit and here's that file. wadda u think.

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
When the DSS configuration window comes out, make sure everything is checked under extra.txt and everything under main.txt is unchecked.

After that, click the "Scan!" button
I don't get any of those options just run then it runs and gives me that main text. am I running the wrong program?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ok this is wierd, I opend every folder under my dss folder and I actualy found an extra txt folder but it's dated dec of 07 I open all the other folders and they only show main txt. So it looks like it created the extra txt the vert first time I ran it and that's it how come?

·
Registered
4,582 Posts
Ok so that makes sense. You're using an old version of DSS. I think the /config option wasn't made yet back then.

Just delete DSS and delete this folder: C:\Deckard

redownload DSS run it, and post the two logs that it creates.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ok I've been to several differeent web sites and downloaded deckards, but I never get the options you talk about, even othe sites say the same thing you do, so i must be crazy. I download it I get no options just a green circle with a white cross on my desktop. when I double click I get the run option it goes through the scan and I get 1 main text I'm not even getting the folders like I used to. It's like I'm getting a shortcut for a scan but not the program.aaaagh. Is there somthing else I can run for you?

·
Registered
4,582 Posts
Ok, so let's calm down and do this again step by step.

Make sure you have downloaded the latest version of DSS.

Make sure DSS is in your desktop. <<This is important!

Do not double click it. Follow each one of these very carefully.

Click start > run > copy and paste:

"%userprofile%\desktop\dss.exe" /config

When the DSS configuration window comes out, make sure everything is checked.

After that, click the "Scan!" button.

It should now create two logs. Post them for me please.

Post the contents of the text file that will come out

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ok I have dss.exe on my desktop. so I right click that brings up a dialog box wit run properties and all that, as soon as I click run I do NOT get a configuration widow it just goes right into scan. my cuzin is a computer nerd I had him do it as well and he got the same resalts I did. maybe dss has changed dunno. I do know I have never ounce had a configuration window it just goes right into scan.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.