Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get damm near done witht he installation and a light blue screen pops up that says "IRQ/DRIVER/[something else I can't remember]" (Same thing happened when I tried to upgrade to Windows2000, right now I'm running Win98SE and it works fine). Basically I have to format my c: drive everytime cause it won't work. I thought of everything but updating my BIOS. I have an ABIT BE6 PIII 450 motherboard w/ 320MB and I have no idea what the [email protected]$K the Abit site is telling me. They have an updated Bios page for my motherboard but under the instructions it doesn't say whether it is to make the motherboard XP compatible or not.

Is this motherboard compaitable with XP or not?

Is that the right BIOS?

If so, then HOW do I update a Bios?

What can I do short of buying a new motherboard?

I know it's alot to throw at you at once but from what I've read from you guys, your the best shot i have to figure this out...

Thanx for the help

Lux

·
Registered
187 Posts
Does it say something like IRQ DRIVER NOT LESS OR EQUAL??? If so it could have something to do with your video card or other conflicting hardware.

·
Registered
23 Posts
GICodeWarrior said:
Does it say something like IRQ DRIVER NOT LESS OR EQUAL??? If so it could have something to do with your video card or other conflicting hardware.
THATS EXACTLY IT!!!!!!

I just got a new video card and everthing, it's an NVIDIA 32mb S3 Savage or something...

SO what do I do know? What do I correct? WHat do I change? Where do I go from here?

Great God your a gift!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Question: exactly at what part does it Blue screen on you? YOu may have the option to load a default video driver and run a critical and compatability update later OR use a different video card and then run the updates and swap the cards back. XP had some issues with nVida ranging from the minor issues to major crap like this. VooDoo *sniff snif ( I miss those guys)* too

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nope there's no screen which allows me to update my video driver. This is my second video driver. I think I had a 3comm before. Well regardless I chucked it cause I had no driver for it.

Is there anything else I could do to get XP up and running? Up would be good enough right now.

Distressed in Jersey

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
You shouldnt update the bios unless you are an experienced user.

Also, it is A hardware conflict. Does the motherboard have video built in?

In other words, a vga plug in on board?, if so remove the graphics card,

and install xp again without graphics card. Try this, after installation is done,

then turn off pc and put in the video card, then u will have to enter bios,

F1 , F2 , or delete button and set pci or agp to the correct settings.

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
THATS EXACTLY IT!!!!!!

I just got a new video card and everthing, it's an NVIDIA 32mb S3 Savage or something... HOLY *****

SO what do I do know? What do I correct? WHat do I change? Where do I go from here?

Great God your a gift!
INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE
Tech Support Forum (TSF) is a family orientated site. We do not allow "adult" language. We have a forum where users may vent their anger but this does still not cater for bad or inappropriate language usage.

Please Read the TSF Rules at this link:
http://www.techsupportforum.com/rules.php

It does not matter how you spell the language it is still not good.

Your solution may be to check with nvidia and see if there is a newer driver for the video card and if there is upgrade to it if there is not then re-install the current one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.