Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hola all. my laptops hela messed up. anyways heres the problem, one of the main logon user interface DLL's got deleted /corrupted. msgina.dll. anyways I cant log on or anything. I cant get to my files to back them up, nor can I get to the desktop to fix it. I dont have a floppy drive on my laptop so using a boot disk is out of the question. any solutions?

·
Banned
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Common!!! I thought you people were supposed to help!!!! this is my LAPTOP we're tlaking about here... I NEED it operating so I can get my files off of there.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Chill out. Perhaps no one has an answer to your question yet? Be patient.

If you have your XP CD, then run a repair install to recover/fix the file. Your files and settings should still be there, but you will have to download your Windows updates again.

·
Banned
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tried that already. for some reason it wanted the admin pass and the passes I typed into it didnt seem to work...

·
Registered
187 Posts
Poplars said:
Common!!! I thought you people were supposed to help!!!! this is my LAPTOP we're tlaking about here... I NEED it operating so I can get my files off of there.
Dont have an answer for you but you spelt come on wrong. Just thought it was funny.

But maybe you should try getting a jump drive or a cd rom and download a copy of msgina.dll at http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?msgina

And if you do get it on a jumb drive or cd.
Go to CMD Prompt by booting in safe mode with command prompt
then find the location of the msgina.dll on ur external memory device (jump drive/floppy/cd-rom) and then type this into the prompt... cd ***location of file such as E:\dllfiles\msgina\ or watever ***

then copy *** to C:\windows\system32 (or whereever it needs to be)

This is my guess.... i do this whenever im missing .dll files...

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Poplars said:
I tried that already. for some reason it wanted the admin pass and the passes I typed into it didnt seem to work...
I said run a repair install, not the Recovery Console. Please follow the directions in that link I gave you more carefully.

·
Banned
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I CAN'T run command prompt. the welcome screen is black, because the DLL is the main thing for the welcome screen. I cant skip past it or anything... and im trying the repair install now.

·
Registered
187 Posts
i forgot to tell u to press F8 repeatedly while booting, it will bring u to a boot option menu, and boot in safe mode with CMD prompt

·
Registered
17 Posts
For my laptop i have found that buying an external harddrive and making copies of all my files of value to it, saves a lot of stress knowing that i have back-up files. There are some great ExtHD at best buy that you can hook up with a simple USB cable and it's worth spending $80 on one.

As for your problem, try booting in safe mode with networking and get the file and install as stated in earlier posts by JayIBM. It's the easiest way to get the file back into your system. Just remember where it goes so that you don't stick it in the wrong place.

Good Luck

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.