Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
[B]Major problemSsss with my PC, please help!!![/B]

I have several major problems with my PC so I'll try to make everything as clearly as possible.

Problem 1. 'Windows Security Alerts' icon appears on the bottom-right hand corner - Once I click on it, the 'Windows Security Center' opens up and show that the Automatic Updates is OFF. So I pressed 'Turn on Automatic Updates', then a message pops up 'We're sorry. The Security Center could not change your Automatic Updates settings. To try changing these settings yourself, go to System in Control Panel. On the Automatic Updates tab, select Automatic (recommended), and then click OK.' Went to Control Panel, and then System. In System Properties, click Automatic Updates and it shows that it is on Automatic ALREADY. What the...???:upset: I really can't understand it.

Problem 2. 'Your computer is infected! Windows has detected spyware infection!'. A white 'X' inside a red circle icon appears at the bottom-right hand corner. Once I click on it, XP Security Center started to download or install or load something but then a message pops up from XP SecurityCenter Module 'XP SecurityCenter Module has encountered a problem and need to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.' with options of 'Send Error Report' or 'Don't Send'. And now the 'message balloon' stays up..

Problem 3. Adverts without 'address bar' popping up. Everytime I go online (using IE 7), google comes up first (my HOMEPAGE) and then when I type something and press Search, these adverts start coming up (pop up) without me prompting them to. And the Google search... was still searching with no result but adverts keep on popping.

Problem 4. My Cookies Setting keep on changing. I tried keeping the set to Medium. After applying and press OK in the Internet Option, the Adverts still pop up. Close the IE 7, set the cookies setting again, close the IE and open it again, still the ads keep popping. :upset: Why...???/.//./ And on top of that, my PC is running so sloooowwwww....

My System:

Packard Bell iXtreme MC6112 model
Running on Window XP
Norton Anti-Virus 360

Please help me... I can't even do anything (online). I have to use my brother's laptop to do this and it's kinda difficult...

·
Banned
4,713 Posts
Hi King Julien,
about first problem: Right-click on 'My Computer' icon on your desktop and choose 'Manage', or go START --- right-click on 'My Computer' and choose 'Manage'...
In the left pane expand 'Services', find there 'Automatic Updates' and start the service and choose Automatic option...
about X in your taskbar, I can surely tell you that you have a lot of viruses and trojan, and that is some kind of a virus. To solve that, post your problem to Hijackthis place on this site. They will help you...
My suggestion is to install Spybot - Search & destroy and Add Aware 2007 and scan PC... Also NOD32 anti-virus program is also good and with Spybot and AddAware I think you will clean your PC...
Try this and let us know about progress...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi King Julien,
about first problem: Right-click on 'My Computer' icon on your desktop and choose 'Manage', or go START --- right-click on 'My Computer' and choose 'Manage'...
In the left pane expand 'Services', find there 'Automatic Updates' and start the service and choose Automatic option...
about X in your taskbar, I can surely tell you that you have a lot of viruses and trojan, and that is some kind of a virus. To solve that, post your problem to Hijackthis place on this site. They will help you...
My suggestion is to install Spybot - Search & destroy and Add Aware 2007 and scan PC... Also NOD32 anti-virus program is also good and with Spybot and AddAware I think you will clean your PC...
Try this and let us know about progress...

Hi vladimirb, thanks again for your reply.

I did what you just mentioned, in the Computer Management, the Status on the 'Automatic Updates' is DISABLED. I double-clicked it, Automatic Updates Properties shows up, and on the STARTUP TYPE, I chose Automatic instead of DISABLE and press APPLY. But unfortunately it just changed back to DISABLE again. Anymore suggestion

·
Banned
4,713 Posts
Hi vladimirb, thanks again for your reply.

I did what you just mentioned, in the Computer Management, the Status on the 'Automatic Updates' is DISABLED. I double-clicked it, Automatic Updates Properties shows up, and on the STARTUP TYPE, I chose Automatic instead of DISABLE and press APPLY. But unfortunately it just changed back to DISABLE again. Anymore suggestion
Just under that you have Service Status and in your case it is stopped. Start it and see what will happen...
Hope this will help you...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just under that you have Service Status and in your case it is stopped. Start it and see what will happen...
Hope this will help you...

On a first attempt, the Service Status, it showed STOPPED and I couldn't press the START option because it wasn't highlighted but after a few attempts afterwards, suddenly the START option is highlighted. When I press the START button and press APPLY and then press OK. Then this message comes up

'Could not start the Automatic Updates service on local computer. Error 1058: The service can not be started either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it'.

Now anymore suggestion.... please :sigh:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.