Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heya
my pc's m/b fired a couple of weeks ago so i got another one and got it installed. after install i needed to format the hdd. now i have a asux a7v400-mx se and a amd athlon 1800. ok now after i had my hdd formatted my pc started not booting i had to press restart ALOT of times then eventually it started after 5-30 mins... now it isnt even starting after hrs ;( so what happens when i prsess the power button fans kick in and and the power LED is on and the hdd LED stays on... and thats it. no beep to say a.ok. when it starts up no flashing lights on my keyboard . any help would be GREATLY apprieceated(soz spelling ;)

THX ;)

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
@ blaze2435
Are you using the onboard video graphics or do you have a plug-in video card? Make sure your video card is properly seated.
Can you get into BIOS at all?
Did you get windows reinstalled?
When you say 'eventually started', does that mean you were able to boot into Windows?

keep us posted on your progress

·
Registered
339 Posts
Did you use the same memory that you did before you replaced your motherboard for the current motherboard?

Also, are you using the integrated Graphics or an AGP card for that purpose?

Finally, How old is this computer?

Sorry, thats a few questions.

Good luck

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello blaze2435,

I had a similar ploblem with this. What i did was to remove the jumber from the HD (it was set as Master) and let it be selected as "Cable Select". It worked a treat. Give it a try, you never know.

·
Registered
878 Posts
I would just double check all connections and make sure every card and component is seated properly and securly. Check the jumpers (if it has any) as well, ya might have knocked one loose by mistake.

How old is the power supply?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.