Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay so i'm new at working with computers. but my brotherinlaw helped me install a perfectly new motherboard, soundcard, CPU, power supply, the whole works. well we turned on the computer and sometimes it'll make a beeping sound(one long beep then two shorter ones) and nothing shows up on the screen. other times, i turn it on and nothing beeps and words show up on the screen like everything is all good.

but then it boots up and goes to a blue screen saying that there's some sorta problem with my hard drive and that i should see if everything's okay with it. we checked and it's all good. but we can't seem to get out of that blue screen and find out what's happening. i'm at a total loss and i have no idea what i should do now.

i've been working on this computer for weeks now and waiting to finally be able to use it. it would be a wonderful help if anyone could give me some advice here.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my motherboard is from elitegroup and the big numbers on the box it came in are KT6oo-A. everything else i put into the comp are all handmedowns from my older bros.

·
Registered
25,116 Posts
PSU = power supply unit

hand me downs are tuff to get to run ( if you dont know the maker and model number of the componets) / are you sure the memory is compatible with your mobo ????

·
Registered
25,116 Posts
try running computer with just one stick of memory / make sure to review motherboard manual to see which memory slot to use when using only one stick ?????

joe

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so my power supply is Okia 451ATX(450W MAX). my bros said all the handmedowns would comply with the rest of my thing but now i'm wondering if that's true. all my computer is saying is to check my hard drive and make sure it's not corrupted or has a virus.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.