Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, was wondering if someone might be able to help me out here...

I'm having big problems with my CPU. A couple of weeks ago the system just completely shut itself down while I was playing a game. I couldn't turn it on for a few minutes so I figured it must have overheated. When I booted back up, I got an errror message in BIOS saying "your system hung for an improper CPU speed".

Now, I haven't touched ANYTHING to do with speeds/settings in BIOS. Somebody suggested to me the CPU was being forced to overclock, but I've checked and I'm pretty sure everything in BIOS is as it should be.

Thinking it was an overheating problem, I bought a new CPU cooling fan (a VapoChill Micro Xtreme). I have it on the fastest speed (about 3700 RPM), but I'm STILL getting temperatures far too high.

I've downloaded a program called Motherboard Monitor, which tells me that my case temperature is 34°C - no problem there. But the CPU temperature is hovering between 70°C and 75°C when performing the most basic of tasks. If I try to run a game, it will jump up to around 85°C and eventually shuts down the system.

Even with the new fan I still can't seem to keep it cool enough. Can anybody suggest what I should do? :sayno:

·
Registered
906 Posts
Please post your complete computer specs, list all hardware including Power supply make and watts.

If that monitor program reports voltages post those aswell.

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
welcome to tsf
after you take barry's suggestions, also run the machine with the side off and a healthy floor fan blowing in to pin down a possible air-flo issue.
did you use artic 5 with your thermal grease apply?
post back

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.