Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,

i have a dell inspiron 7500 with XP and now im getting all messed up. the computer pops up things saying shut down in 1 min, and shuts down, then the system has recovered from a serious error, im getting all kinds of errors and problems. what can i do!?! am i gonna have to go straight to re formating the computer? or can i do a repair? im not running an anti viorus right now, becuase i dont have the money or a credit card to buy one. so is there a free one? also i ran some microsoft error fix and it took out some stuff. now my lasted was with system32/lsasse.exe and it has an error and it is shutting down. what do i do?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
my last issue was today:

this computer will shut down in 55 seconds, this was authorized by N authrotiy/system

and then it shuts down? what is up with this thing.

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
try entering safe mode...do a scan disk

there are free antivirus and spy programs from the links below, but that wont help you if your system is shutting down before you can download it, and you wont be able to go on the internet with safe mode enacted.

try downloading avast or ewido on a disk from another computer and loading it on to the dell.
you will also need adaware-se

goodluck

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok now my cpmputer when i go into normal mode is HUGE 4 bit and lowest resolution, and i cant fix it. im in normal mode now and it is HUGE everything out of wack, im just gonna go buy XP and then just reformat this. i dont have the XP disk, i got the whole computer from my aunt as a gift and it came with XP installed already, and i dont have the original disk for it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the settings wont adjust, when i go to change it from 4 bit the only option is 4 bit, and the detail slider wont move. i think my best option is to fork out the money to just buy XP again, and then reformat, althogh i dont want to, i think it will be the easist, only problem is i dont have the money right now. o well, dont really use the computer that much.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey i went thru again tring to change the display settings, and they wont do anything, and then i looked into geeksquad, they have one at the local best buy, and they charge 79$ to do stuff like my problem, cleaning up spyware ect.. so im gonna look into that. but how else can i change my settings? o something i didnt mention, when it went to boot up i hit f8 and reading the things i did this on my old computer also i clicked boot computer to last know best opertaion ect. and then thats when it went into the big screen and low graphics, did i mess up big time? can i redo what i did?

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
accessories - system tools - system restore

maybe choose a date before this problem started, you might loose data but its worth a try

you definately need virus protection on your system and naturally on a new xp if you go that route.

good luck

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i tried the system restore and it went thru and restarted, but came back up, no changes made and retry. im gonna retry it again. man this thing is killin me, i might just try to have the geek sqaud work on it?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
!some good news

i did the system restore and it worked this time! YES! now im gonna go out and buy some protection, im just gonna leave the computer unpluged and offline till i got buy some! well, atleast i hope this solved the problem, i went back 1 month to before it start having problems. i still need to clean the system out and stuff.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.