Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Depends what you wanting to do. Graphic designing, web designing is more MAC based plus in my opinion a MAC is more reliable (no error messages, well hardly) then again its more for creative peeps ( in my opinion) BUT then again it can allow you to use Windows as well :)

If it's for your girlfriend and she is not PC intriquite then i would say go for a MAC

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ok my money vaule is rands but i would say for a decent MAC you looking at about $1500 at least however a MAC is cheaper to maintain the a Windows based PC.

MACS are more reliable and in my opinion their support is greater than others.

If you purchasing a PC for your son and your son is not looking for anything specific i would say go for a Windows based PC (you can get a awesome Windows based PC for a cheaper price then a standard MAC) and still have knowledge of the Windows PC weather its basic knowledge or not. You need to look at the long term benefits.

Is your son going to benefit more from a MAC or Windows based PC over 3/4 years ?

However, if he is looking for something specific like web designing or graphic designing or photography then the MAC is the best option in that department.

If he's looking merely for something to note on a daily basis (Microsoft office) then obviously Windows. I guess it boils down to what he will do with the PC on a daily/Weekly basis

Dont only take my opinion though, im bias :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.