Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My gf is wants a new laptop but is wanting to go with a Mac. Is there an advantage to having a Mac vs a PC laptop? I think the style/look of the Macs is whats drawing her. All my experiences are with PC's so if anything ever happend to a Mac, if she got one, I wouldn't know the first thing on how to fix it.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Macs are very appealing, however for a first-time college student I suggest a windows-based pc. The cost difference is significant as well. I'm not a Mac expert by all means and am in a sort of a dilemma as well. I have a 17" Toshiba laptop with all the bells and whistles that roughly cost me $1000 on sale. Now compare that with a Mac that typically start at $1500+/- and its probably a base model. Going into the 15" models your looking at almost $2000. I've been a PC user since the start of AOL and have always used windows pc's. I've built PC's and laptops. I've stuck with windows because I feel its the standard. Not one company I've worked for used Macs. Now even though I'm a windows fan doesn't mean I'm counting Mac out. I may persuade my gf to get the Mac so I can use and learn it. But for a first-time college student, $1500 is way too pricey for a base model. That is why you can get laptops for $400 now. Like I told my sister while she was in school, get top-of-the-line when you need it not because you want it. Turns out when she graduated, she got a Mac.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.