Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all...

I am a newbie here.

I currently have WinME using an M Audio Delta 410 sound card. This card allows Dolby Digital and DTS multichannel audio to be output through SPDIF to the decoder in my receiver. I currently use this with all audio programs (Sound Forge, Cool Edit, Windows media player) without a problem.

I upgraded to WinXP a while back and tried to do the same mutichannel playback. I installed SP1 as well as upgrading all drivers for the sound card. Upgraded the BIOS for my motherboard. Reinstalled everything from scratch and the soundcard would not pass through the DTS or Dolby Digital audio.

I encode my own mutlichannel music and then play the DTS encoded wav through CD Architect to add track marks and burn DTS encoded cds. I tried for about a week with the "help" of M Audio to get the sound card to work with no luck. I finally had to reinstall WinMe and everything works fine again. Has anyone else ever had this problem?

I tried about 4 or 5 different drivers for the Delta 410 and none worked. As a matter of fact, the way it is supposed to work is... you start the wav playing, the decoder on my receiver kicks on lighting up the DTS light and mulitchannel music plays. With WinXP however, when I stopped the wav from playing the decoder kicked in. No audio would play though.

I would love to go back to WinXP so I can do some DVD (larger than 4GB) work but I really need the DTS stuff to work too.

I would really apprciate some direction. Thanks

Bob

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.