Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I have a small problem on my computer, I noticed the other day my computer was running kinda slow and for a 2.8Ghz AMD I was kinda worried and I noticed the process that was using all my CPU usage was called 'lvhidsvc.exe' now I have no idea what this is and what it does. Any help on stopping it from loading and tell me what it is would be appriciated.

Thanks,

BarHopper

·
Registered
4 Posts
k, sorry, not an answer..

I have the exact same prob and can't find an answer anywhere. Lvhidsvc.exe is the only process I've searched for on yahoo and never found a page about (in fact this is the only page mentioning it today - a few days ago there were none at all).

Do you have a Packard Bell TV card (using Lifeview TVR)? That's the only thing I can think of that it might be (apart from a virus).. They just updated the drivers for the card and brought out a new version of the TVR thing and both were a nightmare to install... Just a hunch tho..

There must be a fix somewhere, it's a a real hassle.. The only thing I've found is to end the process in the Task Manager, but it's straight back on startup.

Pls help..

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the same problem and i have a tv card using LiveView.
I stopped the process and deleted the lvhidsvc.exe in my windows/system32 folder. But I now use another software for my tv card and i'm not sure if your lifeview tvr sofware will work after that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Cheers for that m8, first confirmation that it is actually TVR causing it.. I emailed their tech support but no reply yet.

Just outta interest, what u using now?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I also have this prob...

Hi there,
I also have this problem... I just recently got an AMD AthlonXP 2400+ CPU and I found that everything was for some reason going slowly... and so i had a look at the process manager thing and whaddayaknow? lvhidsvc.exe is running and using about 97% of my cpu, maxing it out totally! (By the way, I have a LifeView FlyVideo 3000, which windows for some reason decided not long ago was a LifeView Prime 34 or something like that, even though it was previously detecting it as a FlyVideo 3000...)
I have currently closed or "stopped" it... and I am using the LifeView TVR program we all seem to think is the cause of it, and the process hasn't loaded itself again, and if i go start->run and type msconfig, it shows it as being "stopped"... yet I have TVR open right now and it is working fine with the process stopped... and btw it would be nice to know what LifeView have to say about it (if they have anything to say)... and its full name shows up in the system config util... it is "LifeView HID Service" - and there are ZERO google results for that (in quotes to keep it together), so dont even bother trying it!

I will try stopping the process from loading/starting on startup, and i will post the results here when I have done it.

Good luck with LifeView - their tech supp people were very wuick to help me when Win XP updated the drivers for me, stuffing it up totally - they gave me an even newer version of the new style drivers which require the use of TVR....

Hope we can figure it out together...

·
Registered
7 Posts
I think I've found a cure/fix!!

Hi All,
I just went start->run and typed msconfig (and pressed enter!) to launch the System Configration Utility. In there I went to the Processes tab, and unchecked the box in the list beside "LifeView HID Service" - the full name for lvhidsvc.exe.... It prompted me to restart, as I was about to anyway... so I did. It did not load/start on startup, and it did not load when I loaded the program, either. The TVR program still functions fine though, so it appears that the service is rather useless and does either little or nothing - everything seems to be working fine without the process running. But with Windows XP, you never know what to expect - it could pop up again sometiome - it shouldn't, but it might.

This seems to be a perfectly good way of fixing the problem.

Regs,
Paul

·
Registered
4 Posts
Nice one.. should've thought of that myself. ;P

The only thing I got back from their Tech Support was a reply telling me to check with the manufacturer of my card (might have been the way I worded the email though). You'd think they would know all about it, seeing as it's their prog.

Anyway, I'm gonna go run msconfig and turn it off for good..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Its the remote control!

LVHIDSVC

LifeView Human Interface Device SerViCe

Kill that thing and the remote control sensor goes down.
Now, for those of yuo who don't use the remote, this doesn't matter. I'm now suddenly having to deal with that **** TVR interface. *yech*

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ah....

Hi all,
I never use the remote as it sortof worked at first, but then for some reason just stopped working totally.... I wondered what "human interface device" it was on about... Micro$oft call mice and keyboards HIDs now... well sure, they are human interface devices, but they always used to just be called keyboards and mice! I guess the remote is really the only HID to do with TV tuner/vid capture cards. BTW, the remote with my LifeView FlyVideo 3000 isn't very fully featured anyway, thats another reason I never use it...

And Dashkal, i guess it's either use the remote, and have your CPU being hogged, and have your system run hotter than usual, and slower too, OR you can kill it and not use the remote, and use the "**** TVR interface" OR you can find yourself a different viewing program which has a "better" or "nicer" interface - who says you have to stick to TVR? I'm sure there are other programs out there which will let you use your card. You could also launch the service whenever you want to use the remote, then kill it when you're done with the reomte/watching tv...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Good point. Any suggestions for another viewing program?

I'd also kinda like to know if its tvr or the driver itself thats ocationally bluescreening my box when I start. Like 1:10 odds of a stop error.

Never knew XP _could_ properly bluescreen till I managed that one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just needed to post here to say this thread saved my sanity. It's the only info I could find on this topic. After my PC running soooo slowly the past few days I now know why (I'm using a Lifeview 3000 with the new TVR software). I've disabled the service and my PC is back to it's usual speed. Brilliant! Thanks guys!

BTW, my remote has never worked anyway so it's no big deal for me. :winkgrin:

·
Registered
7 Posts
WinXP bluescreens

Dashkal,
I recently read somewhere that Win XP is set by default to RESTART instead of showing a bluescreen!! So if your computer sometimes appears to restart randomly, it's probably a stop error. To stop this annoying habit of auto-restarting, do this:
Press [windows]+[pause/break]
Advanced tab
Settings button under 'Startup and Recovery'
under 'System Failure', uncheck the "Automatically Restart" option

Paul Nicholls

Freeware to the Masses :: PNP Freeware
www12.brinkster.com/newpnpfreeware/

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a LifeView 3000 Video capture card and its app is always cranky after it is switched off. The latest drivers I downloaded came in a zip called FlyVideo.TVR105.zip and it includes lvhidsvc.exe

I have just had the same problem after switching off the TVR application with a beta version of BOINC for Windows 2.10 still running. The TVR icon was still in the tray and lvhidsvc.exe was eating all the CPU time (instead of BOINC's client) until I closed the BOINC GUI app, then the TVR app closed as well. The CPU's energy then returned to the BOINC client running at low priority.

This has got to be an error in the TVR driver package.
Pity, because the hardware seems to work fine, apart from the remote control - and that was probably a driver problem too.

·
Registered
7 Posts
ComputerDoctor,

Have you disabled the service yet? It should fix all the problems - and stop the remote from working at all, although you said that it didnt work anyway. If you are not sure how to disable it, see one of my earlier posts, it mentions how, or just ask...

Regards,
Paul

·
Registered
1 Posts
Barhopper,
I had the same problem with the lifeview flyvideo 3000.
After installing the latest driver v3.00 all my cpu time was consumend by this program. I think the programmers created a loop, so it takes up all the cpu time.
What i did was installing the old program V1.05. There are separate wdm drivers but you don't have to use them. It is even better not to use them.
After installing v1.05 and rebooting, everything worked fine even the remote control.
If anyone needs the programm, please contact me.

Elbert

·
Registered
3 Posts
Paul

I looked for lvhidsvc.exe in the XP Services list and it wasn't there.
Did you mean to disable the (XP) HID Input Service, which I think would disable all the fancy keys on my keyboard as well?

I just tried to reproduce what I wrote before about interaction with BOINC, but it didn't happen this time. Ah, the joys of computing....

Dave

·
Registered
7 Posts
ComputerDoctor,
I will paste here my previous message again, telling you how to disable it...
----quote begins----
Hi All,
I just went start->run and typed msconfig (and pressed enter!) to launch the System Configration Utility. In there I went to the Processes tab, and unchecked the box in the list beside "LifeView HID Service" - the full name for lvhidsvc.exe.... It prompted me to restart, as I was about to anyway... so I did. It did not load/start on startup, and it did not load when I loaded the program, either. The TVR program still functions fine though, so it appears that the service is rather useless and does either little or nothing - everything seems to be working fine without the process running.
----quote ends----

The only thing this does, we here on this forum have since discovered, is disable the remote control sensor - but you said "Pity, because the hardware seems to work fine, apart from the remote control" - so I take it that your remote control doesn't work (or doesn't work properly) anyway - mine didn't either - so you won't notice any difference - except the service won't go hogging your system resources...

HTH,
Paul

·
Registered
3 Posts
Paul

Sorry to be pedantic but Start > Run > msconfig doesn't have a Processes tab (at least, not in my XP Home SP1) but it does have a Services tab. In my case, that list doesn't have "LifeView HID Service" in it, but it does have "HID Input Service" and "Remote HID Service". I think the difference in names is probably a driver version thing.

msconfig is OK for stopping the automatic loading of services, but you get more info and options from
Control Panel > Performance > Administrative Tools > Services

There you can see that Remote HID Service runs lvhidsvc.exe and HID Input Service is the Micro$oft one that deals with special keys on fancy keyboards etc. You get the option of disabling the service altogether or putting it on Manual (i.e. it starts when you need it)

It also gives you the dependencies (i.e. what other services it uses, and what uses it) This stuff is helpful to know before switching things off.

Inexperienced users beware - if you switch off services and it messes things up, it is almost impossible for anyone else to diagnose what has happened.

Dave

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.