Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed 2 additonal parallel ports. They can be seen in the device manage under hrdware in the control panel. They are both without problems when I go into the test page.

I have a printer assigned and connected to LPT1:. I have an Epson Stylus connected to LPT2:.

However, in the ADD printer install wizard, I cannot seem to get LTP2: and LPT3: from the device manager listing to the port configuration listing, so I can assign the Epson to LPT2.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

·
hey
10,189 Posts
Was the ports manually setup on the card or do you run software to setup the ports? If you manually configured the cards, what was the address/IRQ's you set them too? Also what brand port did you install?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your response.

I used the 'new hardware wizard' to install dual parallel ports. The hardware has one PCI connection and a slave that comes off that connected by a ribbon cable.

The software is NetMos/MN9815. It sets up the ports fine in 'device manager'. When I look at properties for each port including LPT1:, each does not have an IRQ setting, just an address in memory.

LPT1: is working fine. I selected the option to set an IRQ for LPT2: got a value of 11. When I went into the 'printer wizard' to create a new port and got a value of 07. I could not figure out how to map this new port to to IRQ 11 or force the port in device manager to use IRQ 07.

So to answer your question, they were not set by the software, I tried to force the assignments. But why does LPT1: not have a hard IRQ assignment and it works, or am I not seeing the assignment?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.