Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my hard-disk there were 10 GB of space before downloading an application of 1gb. At night i left the computer to leting down the downloading of an application which is on another partition other than 'C:' (the directory where operating system windows XP exists). I wake up in the morning and see that the application is only completed 20% apart from this my disk space (on c:) remains only 10 mb. the message of low virtual memory is displayed. Also from few days a 'WIN32' error is also displayed due to which downloading stops but modem line remains connected.

·
Premium Member
2,430 Posts
I would also like to mention that if your harddrive has less than 10% free space available you are going to have problems (like the ones you have now, and you'll find windows will not be able to defrag the drive, etc.) Windows uses some of the HD space as virtual memory and for temp file space, with less than 10% disk space left, windows is running out of space for the page file. Do a disk clean up, remove any unused stuff cluttering your HD and make your page file 1.5X the amount of memory you have installed on, the machine, also consider allowing windows to have a page file on the other partition(s) and/or use the other partition as the page file....consider getting a larger HD.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.