Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, I have an older Compaq desktop computer that originally had windows 98 running on it. After I got it I installed windows xp on it. Within the last 2 months or so I have started recieving " windows virtual memory is too low" warnings poping up. When I originally installed xp I never got such a message, and didn't for about 2 or 3 months after install. Now all the sudden like I said in the last couple months I get these messages. I have no idea what this means or how to troubleshoot it or fix it. So I hope I am posting this in the right forum, and if sombody can please help me that would be great. THANKS! : )

P

·
0 Posts
Check your virtual memory - page file - size. Right click on my computer - properties - advanced - performance - settings -advanced - under virtual memory check the numbers and let us know.

If the numbers are ok then i am confident that you have some nasty infection in your system.

·
Registered
33 Posts
im pretty sure the minimum required page file would be about 2 or 3 X the amount of RAM in your system.

Ive noticed some P2p programs suck the page file right up to full, even if it was like 3 GB so be mindful of funny progs like those !!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yes, it's good to keep it at about 2 - 4 gigs I've been told.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.