Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
The Patriot
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Geforce FX5200 128 MB Video, DDR I think it is, AGP card.

I am getting low FPS on alot of games, including Halo and WOW. now Halo plays superior on a geforce Fx4000 which is only 64 MB, but not this card, whats the problem?

I got the latest driver and the settings is set to best performance all around, whats causing the low FPS?

even pcpitstop is telling me i got low fps

·
Registered
209 Posts
a 5200 should only be slightly above a 4000, tho its hard to say exactly...
check his compatability thing
50% fps increase in some games, but alot more combatability.

btw both cards are agp 4/8x but i guess its possible they dont run as well at a different setting.

·
The Patriot
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I didnt understand the site fully, although in Bios its set to agp 4x 128 MB aperture.

everything about my cpu is in my sig also,

·
Registered
27 Posts
Real_Bullet said:
what you recommend?

maybe a change of motherboards like from asrock and celeron to abit and AMD?
a cpu upgrade for sure to a new p4 or athlon cpu (high end XP or a 64bit), also the FX series blows not to mention the fx5200 is the lowest in the series lol and they are generally crippled even more with a 64-bit memory bus. The 5400rpm hdd cant do anything but slow you down a bit but it doesnt HAVE to be replace and sdram? thats olschool but if you where to upgrade to a new cpu/mobo im sure they would take ddr only. If you want to extend the life of that system... the only thing you can do is get a new video card, a 6600GT is a GREAT card and would 100% bottleneck in your system but when you upgrade it would still be good enough to play games, especially with an overclock. Good luck, happy gaming.

·
Registered
462 Posts
i know why your getting low fps on halo, bad port from xbox to pc it is seriously crunching on your resources, even on high end machines it can run slow, as for world of warcraft i read somewhere that it takes alot from your CPU and RAM which are the main low parts of your machine. My answer, either build a whole new system if you have the money (mine cost me £500) or just as the poster above said 'get a 6600GT'. i have one of those and it works like a charm! no laggin on anything that is out at the moment most running at full detail.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.