Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been playing with low fps for a long time. In 25 man raids, I get about 3 fps on most fights, I'm rather fed up with it. I've done the steps in the threads to help optimize game performance. I have a rather old computer, it of course runs the game well enough, but I have low fps in raids, I'm happy when I see 6-10 fps in a 25 man situation. I go as low as 2 fps on fights with a lot of spell graphics or fire. I don't have the money to buy a new computer at this time, is there anything I can do with my current one to make it run a bit better? I don't know much about computers, or what parts I'd have to get.. so any dumbed down answers would be lovely. :p

Attached is the Everest Home Edition text that I just ran for system specs.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Your computer should be able to run it fine. How fast is your internet connection in kbps when you download? Do you have other programs are running when you view task manager processors? Try running the game when you close all processors except for explorer.exe, rundll32.exe, lsass.exe, services.exe, winlogon.exe, csrss.exe, smss.exe, system, system idle process and all svchost.exe. And whatever processors your graphics card is using.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
250 bkps about, sometimes more. I close any process I know, no other programs running except AVG, sometimes yahoo messenger, closing both doesn't really help though. I currently have 40 processes running, I can try closing them all, cept the ones listed, when I raid next to see if it helps.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it used to be better than 3 yes, but I've been playing with low fps for awhile, I figured my stuff was outdated :p wasn't sure if there was anything I could do for cheap. I have all graphics, and will try lowering res, thank you

·
Team Manager, Gaming
7,320 Posts
from the report you attached, you have an AGP slot
so I can suggest an AGP card but it'll be old but just to run WoW well
do you play other games?

here are some suggestions:
ATI Radeon X1950 pro (70$)
that card will play some newer games and of course WoW
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814129077&cm_re=AGP-_-14-129-077-_-Product

ATI Radeon HD3450 (50$)
that is a slower card, but it'll play all games at low settings and it'll play WoW at good settings
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102862&cm_re=AGP-_-14-102-862-_-Product

·
Banned
4,713 Posts
Hello...

Could you please tell us what resolution is when you playing WOW???

Did you put lower video options???

I used to play WOW with similar configuration and I have had same problems...
After I put 800x600 resolution and lower video details,
I was able to have 15-18fps in raids and major cities...

Try with lower resolution and video details...

I hope this will help you mate...

Keep us posted...

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I play at 1440 x 900, I went to 1280 x 800 and everything was blurry. I play with all video options low except for one I need to see mechanics so I don't stand in things and die. I have a few other games, Sims 2, Guild Wars, perhaps Dragon Age soon

·
Team Manager, Gaming
7,320 Posts
1440 x 900 is pretty high resolution and your PC can't handle it
I really really do not recommend to get Dragon Age cause it'll not launch on your PC
if you only play at native resolution I suggest you build a gaming PC or you'll have to get used to 800 x 600 or 1024 x 768

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you so much for the info. and would a new video card not be enough to play at high res, or get Dragon Age? I was afraid not, because my friend said it was rough on graphics. I'll start saving up to build a gaming PC :) I really appreciate all this help so quickly.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
raiding at a lower res did give me about 6-8 fps. would a better video card give me more and/or allow me to play at a higher res? or is it not even worth picking up at this point

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.