Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i am new here so i dont know if its here but, i wonder if whats wrong whit my game, its battle of middle earth 2 i know its an old game but :p well i cant find anyone on Lan and when i go Online and logg in it stands it was time disconnect. Anyone please answer ^^

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Hi Sondreu,
Welcome to TSF :). I am not sure if it applies to pc versions of games but I do know that EA are pretty notorious for shutting down the servers for some of their older games. I think I remember hearing that BFME`s servers were being shut down (I will research and get back to you). That would explain the timed disconnection issue, as for LAN do other games work when playing locally?
Best of Luck,
Seal.

·
TSF - Enthusiast
12,841 Posts
On January 9, 2011 Electronic Arts announced that the online game servers would be shut down on January 11, 2011 for the Xbox 360 format of the game. The PC version of the game was shut down on December 31, 2010 Electronic Arts noted that their discontinuation of support for the game was partly due to the fact that the licensing deal with New Line Cinema(holders of the of the Lord of the Rings License) had expired, which led them to no other option than to shut down all online services for the game.[38]
The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-earth II - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Licensing issues are annoying for the person who loves a game. Such petty politics.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
A real shame, BFME was an amazing game and quite unique. One of the few good movie games. Skirmishes will have to do from now on :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.