Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I closed an excel file without saving it. I have an older version of it, but made many, many changes without saving them. Is there any way to recover?

P

·
0 Posts
sorry. :sayno: If you have deleted it i would have some ideas about recovering but...

·
Registered
169 Posts
Sorry to hear that. For future reference, Set XL to auto save. Tools>Options>Save tab>Auto Save. That way you only lose 10 minutes or so of work if something happens. I don't know which version you are using, I thought that feature was enabled by default.

·
Security Manager, Analyst , Rangemaster, TSF Acade
39,538 Posts
hopper said:
Sorry to hear that. For future reference, Set XL to auto save. Tools>Options>Save tab>Auto Save. That way you only lose 10 minutes or so of work if something happens. I don't know which version you are using, I thought that feature was enabled by default.
Unfortunately it's not. (as I know to my cost). It's actually an add-in - go to Tools > Add-Ins and check the box beside 'Autosave'. The autosave options will then appear. You can have Excel save all files, just the current file, ask you before saving or just save without asking. It can be quite annoying at first, but a lifesaver in the end.

Regards

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.