Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I now drag an icon to the desk top, I no longe have the web document tab, so can't make a new icon picture. I have Windows 7 and IE 9 on my computer. I tried the webdoctab.reg fix, but it says that is was not written successfully to the registry.
Wonder what else I can do to get the web document tab to come back.
Thanks,

·
Premium Member
41,823 Posts
you didn't specify what you are doing, but just dragging an icon shortcut from your computer (ex) program, or file, will not give you the Web Document tab. This is only if you drag a hyperlink from a web page to your desktop, because that would be a WEB document.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yes, and since I said I no longer have it, thought that would have implied to most that I used to have it which would have in turn implied that it was a web document.Guess
I should have said that I had drug the url from a WEB document to the desktop to make an icon and that I wanted to change the picture that was showing for the icon to something else. Since I use IE-9 most of them have the IE symbol and I normally then replaced that with a picture that is related. Now that we have established that I am looking for the web document tab that should be there since I am trying to change the picture that shows for the Icon, wonder if someone can help me get it back.
I went and read several pages on this, but none of the methods talked about will work on my computer.
Thanks,

·
Premium Member
41,823 Posts
Open the attachment and extract the file to your Desktop and double click it and choose Merge.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.